Red Rich Curry with Sea Bass Filet
This Red Curry Recipe is fragrant with a subtle blend of hot, salty, sweet and sour flavors to awaken your senses and boost your mood. It can be made anywhere from mild to hot, depending on your taste. We discovered it on a cooking class, in the dream vacation..
Ingredients for curry
20g red curry paste
20ml cooking oil
100ml coconut milk
10g basil leaves (preferably thai basil or holy basil)
10ml fish sauce
15g palm sugar
2-3 pcs kaffir lime leaves
3 pcs sliced chili
Ingredients for fish:
Oil for deep-frying
180g sea bass filet, cut in pieces
- Heat oil in a wok and fry curry paste for approx 1 minute;
- Pour in coconut milk and bring to the boil;
- Season with fish sauce and palm sugar. Then add the basil leaves, kaffir lime leaves and the chopped chili. Adjust it slightly due to personal preferences;
- Cut the sea bass in medium pieces. Into a bowl mix together flour, bread crumbs, salt and pepper;
- Coat fish fillets with mixture. Deep-fry fish fillets until crunchy and golden brown;
- Place the fish in the curry sauce.
You can serve it with fragrant Thai rice. This dish can be paired with a glass of Chardonnay. On pairing, our main focus is to choose a wine that doesn’t overpower the red curry, but one that enhances its flavor, a wine with very little alcohol and soft on tannins. Otherwise, the heat from the alcohol will intensify the heat sensation from the food. You can also try the German style Riesling or a Muscadet from the Loire Valley in France.
Here you have a healthy and hearty curry dish that will get your taste buds tingling. It is so easy and tastes wonderful! Give it a try! 🙂