Sweets for my sweet
When I’m hit with a craving for something sweet or when we have guests, I go the easy way, after I searched the area for takeaway desserts and set my preferences, I go to the right spot. Weather is a a chilled tiramisu, caked in coffee and cocoa, or a mouthwatering cheesecake,
My favorite picks are:
1. French Revolution. Here’s where you can find the best eclairs. And yes, I’ve tried them all! The one with pistachio and the one with coffee are my favorites. For the curious ones, there are some exotic versions of this classic dessert. Believe me or not I always forget to take them a picture as I am so excitingly enjoying the moment.
photo taken from their site
2. Rue du Pain. I don’t know what to say about them other than I am visiting them almost daily. Besides the bread all the family loves, when it’s about desserts, my favs are the Zeboulon, the chocolate tart, the raspberry tart. I also love their ginger biscuits. Basically everything is so good. Come here hungry and indulge. The place’s worth it.
3. Casa Victoria for traditional cakes. You know the perfect neighbor that always has the door open and is ready to treat you with some delicious pies and cakes in an instant, at your choice? You’d say it doesn’t exist, but for me it’s them. And as a fan of the cooked desserts, my favorite picks will go for the walnut pie, amandina, cremsnit, the yogurt cake, the nutshell with cream exactly as in childhood and the rest of the pastry. Yellow Office Architecture did a very good job with the interior design, it looks so chic and inviting. And they are in my Top 3 best ice cream in Bucharest! Did I make you curious?
4. Madame Lucie for the best cheesecake and macarons. For me, a trip to Paris is incomplete without a macaron. The same authentic taste I find at Madame Lucie, where I get lost at their counter when choosing the flavors. The creamy and rich cheesecake is a perfect dinner party dessert with pretty fruit decorative topping.
5. Michel Cluizel for the real chocolate. One of the world’s most respected chocolatiers, Michel Cluizel has spent decades making superior quality chocolates. The chocolate is so tasty and natural, they use only the highest quality cocoa beans of the purest origin and create chocolate from bean to bar (cacaofevier). My favorite is the milk salted butter caramel but everything is so delicious! A chocolate lava cooked at home with their chocolate tastes like no where in the city. Here is a movie I’ve just watched this morning on how to make real chocolate
6. Pain Plaisir for the Cremsnit. You will not leave the place only with the cremsnit, for sure. You’ll be tempted by their bread, biscuits, tarts. Your guests will be spoiled. They are located in Bvd Mihalche but they are going to open another store in Dorobanti, so I am ready to visit them more often.
7. Moritz Eis for the ice cream. They are all delightful and made of natural and premium ingredients. We came home with few flavors, I must say the pistachio is my favorite. They also have great sorbets for the ones who love them.
8. Puro Bio for the icecream. Once you are downtown, make a visit and choose from their ice cream list; they have the classic flavors, but also interesting ones and they are all so creamy and tasty not to mention the vegan ones and the sorbets.
9. Rawdia- for raw vegan desserts– try everything on the menu from the raw chocolate to their raw cakes. Creamy, healthy, natural and yes, some love as they say, love for the life lived good.
10. Fiori di latte- my favorite place for a tiramisu.
Hosting a dinner party is much easier having these options to finish the meal with and for sure they will get a lot of oohs and ahhs from your guests.